Thursday, January 28, 2010

Verses of my Memoirs


A white figure walked in
she was wearing white dress with white veil.
She nodded when she saw us
assurance that there was nothing to be afraid of.

At first, she smiled and then looked at us one at a time.
we were all afraid because we did not know what might happen.
She handed us the papers
and then she said “ You may now start taking the test”.

While answering, thoughts run through my mind..
what if I fail, what if I pass….
failing means that I would not be able to go to high school,
passing means that I would be far from my family..
These thoughts were lingering..
I did not notice…time was over
she asked us to pass the papers.

A white figure entered the room..
she never had the chance to loose that calming smile.
She opened the envelop
and read the names of those who made it.
Jonald R. Lubao(Did I hear her correctly?)
I was not wrong..I passed the test.

Two weeks after, I came back.
My parents were with me to bid goodbye
I could see that they were sad..
could not let go, feeling bad..
but they had to…I had to.

Weeks passed...I made new friends.
We were all under the guidance of St. Charles
all of them were nice and big bro was nice too
Sister Cecilia was strict-looking but if you get to know her more..
she was kind and giving. She was our sister, our mother.
But one day she had to say goodbye
because she needed to go to Mexico
for she had a new endeavor….
she was chosen to mother our brothers and sisters in Mexico
for Fr. Al had built a new home there.

On my second year..we had to move home.
We transferred to a bigger place in Silang Cavite
the new place was fantastic.
Pineapples everywhere, ripe mango fruits falling from the tree.
We planted corn, beans etc
And during harvest time, the feeling was ecstatic.

Third year passed and then finally I’ve reached the end of my stay.
I graduated on January, 1994.
I was excited but a little bit sad because that meant
that I would be going out from the fence of my comfort zone.
Afraid of things that lie ahead of me,
I still did not want to leave my mother’s lap.
She protected me from particles that may harm me.
She nourished us with love and care.
She was like the mother hen who kept us under her wings
when she sees a hawk is around.

As I stepped out of the big railed gate
I promised that one day I will come back.
Not sure when and how but I knew
That one day, I will see her again.

Sixteen years had passed, never heard of anything from my mother
I became busy with the outside world
until one day, I bumped into someone at the mall.
He was so certain…he knew me!
I faced the guy with blank expression. I was retrieving every single bit of information
That would tell me that I knew this man.
He uttered his name and there it was-flashbacks poured over me.

Oh my! He was one of my brothers.
My heart was filled with happiness.
He did not have haste, we talked about everything.
Until he said that our mother was calling all his sons and daughters
for her special day.

Here I am excited to go back to the womb my mother had carried me.
I could not wait to meet my loving family
I could not wait to tell my story
I could not wait..
At last I will be home again.


JONALD R. LUBAO
ST. CHARLES
5th BATCH-1994
"Verse of Memoirs" is my memory of my high school life.

No comments:

Post a Comment